The story of Burn Care Trust: "161 children are severely burnt every month in South Africa due to household accidents. 6 of these children die due to an inadequate burn care system". Dr Nikki Allorto
Could one of these children be yours?
- We are a non profit organisation on a mission to revolutionise Burn Care In South Africa.
- To alleviate patient suffering by improving all key areas in the burn care arena.
We have the following main projects:
- National Awareness
- A national skin bank and skin/tissue donor registry.
- To develop a diploma training course for nurses. (There is no training available in burn care past the first 24 hours of care in South Africa)
- We are developing an APP for doctors to use at the bedside of burn patients. (There is no training available in burn care past the first 24 hours of care in South Africa)
- A burns database that will collect information on burn statistics countrywide and will allow us to monitor improvements.
- A national burns centre
- Provide physical, psychological and social support for burn patients and their families
- Provide Compassion Fatigue programs for nurses and doctors
Burn Care Trust