Alistair operates from very private and confidential home-based rooms. He has a particular interest in assisting adults who are struggling with depression, anxiety-related challenges, chronic stress and relationship difficulties amongst other issues. He offers the Midlands community the following services:
1. Adult interventions
• Psychotherapy for adults - for individuals and couples.
• Career assessment and counselling - for adults wanting to make a career change.
2. Child and Family interventions
Alistair also runs the Midlands Assessment and Therapy Centre which offers assessment and therapy to young people and their families. A diverse team of therapists offer the following services, in English or isiZulu:
• Psycho-Educational Assessments - for young people who are struggling academically and/or who do not seem to be achieving to their potential within the school environment. (Assessments for exam concession purposes are also offered.)
• Subject choice assessments – for adolescents unsure of suitable Grade 10 subject choices.
• Career assessment and counselling – for high school learners who are unsure of the career they should pursue.
• Psychotherapy for Children and Adolescents - for young people who are struggling with emotional difficulties that are interfering with their social and/or educational functioning. (Play therapy is used with young children.)
3. Workshops, seminars, presentations, etc - for parents, teachers and other groups
• Topics include:
- Enhancing relationships in the workplace
- Leadership development
- Helping our children develop a healthy sexuality
- Understanding and managing depression
- Parenting children of divorce
- Building emotional intelligence (EQ)