Happiness is, being Back at School for Boitumelo, and now little brother is also coming to school.
Boitumelo was severely burnt when she fell backwards into a bath of boiling water at her home in Mphopomeni on 27th June 2018. Boitumelo was rushed to Hilton Life Emergency and went on to spend most of the next 6 months in hospital, which was a very long time for a 5-year-old. Boitumelo came to school now and then for the last few weeks of the 2018 school year.
During her recovery time, she went through excruciating pain, having to endure so many skin grafts and many painful bandage changes. She still has bandages on now, more than 6 months after the accident occurred. There is still more healing needed before she is free of bandaging.
It has been a miracle that she survived this ordeal and we are delighted to have her back with her friends at Heritage House Preschool. Together with the family, we would like to thank everyone who helped with meals, transport, visits to Tumi and much needed financial support. A number of Medical Therapists kindly volunteered their services at no charge, a special thanks to you for this incredible care. Backabuddy’s online fundraising platform was a great help with donations received from far and wide.
All in all and on behalf of the very grateful family, we wish to say “you will never know how much your support kept this little girl and her family going, through their darkest days.” May God Bless you.
Pictured above: Boitumelo and her brother.
News supplied by Heritage House PreSchool.