Security Advice for the holiday season
• Advise the KSS Control Room if you are going away and ensure that you supply all the necessary information regarding key holders and emergency contacts.
• If you are hiring a house sitter, ensure that you teach them how to use your alarm system correctly. Also advise the KSS Control Room who they are and what their contact name and number is.
• Inform your neighbours of your plans.
• Stop all newspaper deliveries and ask a friend or neighbour to collect your post.
• Double check that you have locked and secured all windows and doors before leaving home. Always set your alarm.
• Ensure that all your out-buildings (garage, cottage, garden shed) and veranda are secured.
• Ensure that external PIR beams are in working order and cut away excess foliage near these external beams so that false alarms are not triggered.
• Have good exterior lighting, preferably on a timer or movement sensitive.
• Make sure that your gate motor and battery are secured.
• Make your property “less desirable” to break into than those around you. Deflect the crime away from you.
• Create extra layers of protection around your house. Put up security gates, glass “smash” sensors on large panes of windows and external beams that can also be active while you are at home. All these options slow down criminals and also allow for early warning and detection.
• Be responsible for your OWN safety and security.
• Support local community crime projects or initiatives like the uMngeni Community Safety Initiative (UCSI).
Knight Security Solutions is PROUDLY affiliated to and working alongside the uMngeni Community Safety Initiative (UCSI) NPC. The UCSI has had numerous successes in the community with over 12 criminals and vehicles (stolen and other) being arrested and impounded since March this year. Without these ANPR SNIPR camera mounted gantries at our community access / egress locations, we would not have been any the wiser as to these criminals coming into our space.
Don’t become a victim of a crime where a vehicle is involved. Become a contributing member to the UCSI so that this local community camera network can continue to grow. Go to www.ucsi.org.za or like their Facebook page.
NOTE: Debbie Preston is NO LONGER employed at KSS (since October 2018) and has been working full-time on the UCSI community project. The UCSI is encouraging ALL Security Companies in the Community to come on board and affiliate to the UCSI so that TOGETHER with Law Enforcement we can ALL tackle crime.
Rotary Club of Hilton and Howick
The Rotary club of Howick and Hilton is working with the Rotary Cycle Project in South Africa, together with Bicycles for Humanity in the United States. A container of about 500 pink bicycles (20inch) has arrived by container in Durban and is ready to make its way up to Howick for us to distribute to our community schools.
But we need help. There are various costs involved in getting the container cleared at the harbour and then transported from Durban to Howick. Knight Security Solutions is going to donate R1500 towards this bicycle project with The Rotary Club of Howick and Hilton.
KSS would like to appeal to our clients (Private and Business) to come on board and help contribute towards getting this container of bicycles delivered to Howick. Rotary, together with the uMngeni Community Safety Imitative (UCSI) and KSS will ensure the safe distribution of bicycles to the various community schools.
The banking details for donations are:
Acc Name: Rotary Club of Howick
Br Code: 220725
Acc No: 52530790247
Please report all incidents to SAPS – no matter how small.
The public are also encouraged to attend monthly CPF meetings:
• Mpophomeni – 1st Thursday of the month at 5pm at Mpophomeni Tourism. Next one 4 July 2019
• Hilton – 3rd Thursday of the month at 5.30pm at the Hilton Lions Hall. Next one 21 June 2019.
• Howick – Last Thursday of the month at 5.00pm at the Howick Police Station. Next one 28 June 2019.
News supplied by Knight Security Solutions.