Mandela Day 18 July & the rest of July.
Sunfield Home Howick will be celebrating Mandela Day through a number of initiatives and activities on the 18th of July and thereafter.
1. From tomorrow you can drop of items needed by the organizations we are working with as they are often difficult to reach and we are ideally centrally located - there will be round bins clearly marked as you enter our gates and we will daily collect and safely store the items and then deliver at the end of July - Please see the posters attached.
2. On Mandela Day 18th July St John's Organization and their optometrists will be offering free eye screening in our Chapel and advise you if you need additional eye examinations or eye care - from 9 am till 11 am - Please follow the parking signs once you enter our gates and the signs to the Chapel.
3. On Mandela Day 18 July - Sunfield Home will also have a open auction on 4 of the craft items our residents have made - the money raised with Auction will be donated or used for another organization similar to ours.
4. Sunfield Residents will also be spending some time in a few areas of Howick helping to clean up our beautiful town.
5. Sunfield resident will visit a local crèche and spend some time with the little people .Designated bins will be available at our Main Gate and clearly marked.
Please have a look at the wish lists each organization has forwarded – this is what they truly need!
You can start by dropping off items from 16 – 31 July (ends at 3pm on 31st July)
A short form will be available at each bin for you to leave contact details if you would like more correspondence from the organization.
We know it is often difficult to drop odd items you would like to donate at the specific organisations.
Sunfield Home Howick will have big donation drop off bins available from 16 July 2019 until 31 July 2019 for the following organisations.
-Howick Child Welfare
-School in need
News supplied by Sunfield Home.