The Karkloof Conservancy has decided to keep the Karkloof Conservation Centre open and continue to offer walks (limited to groups of 10) and allow access to the hides.
We ask that each person who chooses to participate to take personal responsibility for their own health and for the safety of others. To use the facilities mindfully and at your own risk.
As a venue, open to the public, we have to exercise extreme caution. These are some of the measures we have set in place for your safety:
- Sanitizer in the office to use on arrival and after dealing with money etc
- Sanitizer and paper towels in the bathroom, as well as hand soap
- Sanitizers in each bird hide - to use when opening and closing the door and to wipe the counters before and after each visit.
- Staff are screened and monitored and follow basic hygiene protocol
- If you have been travelling recently or are sick, please take it upon yourself not to visit the Centre and or hides.
We trust you will adhere to the measures we have put in place when visiting our facilities.