Cell phones are the targeted item at the moment. Please keep cell phones concealed when in public or in shops. Also, many clients are choosing not to open cases with SAPS. This is disappointing and the public is encouraged to support the efforts of our local SAPS and security companies in the fight against crime.
KSS is actively involved in supporting local SAPS with various joint operations. These operations are proactive and are making a positive impact in the fight against crime.
On 26th November KSS and Magma Security assisted Hilton SAPS with a joint operation. Various arrests were made and illegal alcohol and weapons were confiscated. Numerous cases were opened.
On 27th November KSS and Hilton SAPS conducted another joint operation in and around the Hilton area. Arrests were made for illegal consumption of alcohol in public and selling alcohol illegally. The alcohol was confiscated by SAPS and numerous cases opened.
Alarm and security advice
Please remember to set your alarms. Also ensure that all out-buildings and storerooms are protected by an alarm. You can also link your gate to your house alarm. For all your alarm system installations and upgrades, CCTV cameras, gate alarms, biometrics, access control, guarding and other security advice, KSS are able to assist you.
Useful Security Tips for the Upcoming Holiday Season
• Advise your security company if you are going away and ensure that you supply all the necessary information regarding key holders and emergency contacts. Also ensure that your alarm system is in good working order.
• Inform your neighbours of your holiday plans so that they can keep an eye on your property.
• Stop all newspaper deliveries and ask a friend or neighbour to collect your post. A bulging post box is a real giveaway that you are not at home.
• If you are hiring a house sitter, ensure that you teach them how to use your alarm correctly. Also advise your security company about who they are and what their contact number is.
• Double check that you have locked and secured all windows and doors before leaving home. Thunderstorms and wind can trigger false alarms.
• Ensure that all your out-buildings (garage, cottage, garden shed) are secured. Also ensure that external PIR beams are in working order and cut away excess foliage near these external beams so that false alarms are not triggered.
• Never leave a key in a door which has glass panels or glass near the door lock.
• Having security gates fitted on outer doors is a highly effective security measure that gives you an extra line of defense.
• Sliding doors can be secured simply by placing a piece of timber cut to size in the sliding rail. Make sure that sliding doors cannot be lifted vertically. Preferably have a sliding gate across the front all sliding doors.
• Full fencing and sturdy driveway gates are a good deterrent. Make sure that your gate motor and battery are also secured. You can also link your gate motor to your house alarm system.
• Have good exterior lighting, preferably on a timer or movement sensitive. Criminals do not like lighting.
• Do not leave ladders, spades or tools lying about outside as they can be used to break into your house. Do not leave other valuables in view from the road as opportunistic criminals will steal these.
• Clear signage indicating that you have a security company also helps to discourage criminals.
News from Knight Security Solutions.